CV Conference Handouts Teaching
Drafts & Papers Some Pictures Homepage
1. "Crossing Diachrony and Synchrony: the Case of Italian Nominal Plural": a talk I gave at the 38th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages, on April 4th, 2008 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2. "Structurally Significant Complex Vowels: evidence from Hebrew and Italian": a poster that my friend-colleague Noam Faust and I presented at 18th Colloquium on Generative Grammar, on April 19th, 2008 at the Universidade de Lisboa.
3. "How the Syntactic Change interferes on Morphology: Romance Plural Isogloss": a talk given at the 38th Poznan Linguistic Meeting, on September 11th, 2008 at Adam Mickiewicz University.
4. "Nounnes, Gender, Class and Syntactic Structure in Italian Nouns": a talk given at Going Romance 2008, on December 12th, 2008 at the University of Groningen. It is on Italian noun structure, the main topic of my dissertation.
5. "How vowels point to Syntactic Structure: evidence from Hebrew and Italian". A talk Noam Faust and I gave at ConSOLE XVII in Nova Gorica, Slovenia, in Janauary, 2009. We show that Italian and Modern Hebrew nouns are strinkingly similar in their structure and behavior.
6. "A Distributed Morphology based appraoch to Present Participle and Null Copula nominal sentences in Arabic". I presented this work in the poster session at the 35 Incontro di Grammatica Generativa in Siena, Italy. It is a new idea I have on Arabic nominalizations. I'm still working on it, to improve the analysis.
7. "Italian nouns and the Syntax-Phonology interface". This was presented at the Centre de Linguistica Teorica at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona on April, 17th 2009. They invited me and it was a very good opportunity to present my work.
8. "On a inflectional and derivational diminutive". A talk my friends Marijke de Belder and Noam Faust and I gave at "Roots" workshop, held in Stuttgart (Germany) from 10th to 13th June, 2009. It was really nice to be there and to present our joint work.
9. "Roots, Th, n, num/K in Romance nouns: a cross-linguistic account". I presented this paper at the "Atoms and Laws of the Noun Phrase" Workshop, held in Utrecht on 2nd and 3rd July, 2009. This paper represents a major part of the work I've been doing since 2006 for my dissertation.
10. "On a inflectional and a derivational diminutive" (with Marijke de Belder and Noam Faust). We gave this talk at NELS 40, held at MIT in November 2009.
11. "Phonology meets Syntax in Bosnian declensional system". Paper presented at GLOW 33, University of Wroclaw (Poland), April 2010.
12. "Du caractère abstrait de la composante phonologique (dans des théories morphologiques non-lexicalistes). I presented this paper at the 8th Recontres du Réseau Français de Phonologie, Université d'Orléans, July 2010.
13. "Internally-structured morphemes at the Phonology-Syntax interface: evidence from the Bosnian declensional system". Poster presented at Décembrettes 7, Université de Toulouse, December 2010.
14. "The decomposition of the Bosnian noun". Paper presented at FASL 20, MIT, Boston, May 14th, 2011.
15. "Morpho-phonology of Somali nouns". Paper presented at 14 Italian Meeting of Afroasiatic Linguistics, Università di Torino (Italy), June 16th, 2011.
16. "Les morphèmes flexionnels de l'imparfait du français". Talk given at the 9e Rencontres du Réseau Français de Phonologie, Université de Tours, June 30th, 2011.
17. "La flexion nominale en somali. Constatations empiriques et implications théoriques". Invited talk given at Fest SOM 40 Xuska 40 guurada farsoomaalida (Celebrations for the 40th anniversary of Somali writing), Université de Djibouti, Djibouti, December 18th, 2012.
18. "Pluralisation, féminisation et accent tonal en somali standard et en somali de Djibouti". Invited talk given at the Département de Linguistique, UQAM, Montréal, March 22nd, 2013.
19. "Templatic verb roots and stem allomorphy in Italian". Talk scheduled at the 11e Rencontres du Réseau Français de Phonologie, Université de Nantes, July 1st-3rd, 2013.
20. "Templates, Phonological Government and Stem Allomorphy in Italian Verbs". Talk scheduled at IATL 29, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, October 6th-7th, 2013.